Friday, October 9, 2009

Cloé @ Zsofi


Here's a real treat: French graphic artist Cloé Faye is set to display her works at Zsofi Tapas Bar this November. I'll be helping her out with the planning and a bit of the installation too. Fun! Here's some of the works I got off herportfolio website.



Cloé says she's lived in several SEA countries including Jakarta, which is probably why her works are so localized. "Makan Lah", I love that! Her digital collages have lots of Asian references including the appearance of shophouses (that's so Zsofi), Chinese characters and Asian floral ornamentation.

I find what she calls her character particularly interesting. You'll find this comic book girl living quite a carefree existence. You'll also never see more than half her face. Cloé, I forgot to ask, is this character you? Or is she who you'd like to be? :)

View and buy her work online or at Zsofi Tapas Bar from November onwards.




Jan @Scribblemates

No comments: